GigsUpClose is a new app that lets you find events using your mobile phone (as well as your normal desktop browser). If you allow it to, it can automatically detect your physical location and show you events within a certain radius and time range.
We will be publishing a full privacy statement soon but in the meantime, rest assured that when you use the application, the only two pieces of information that you provide are your IP address and your location, should you choose to use geolocation in your browser. This information is only used when you conduct a search and is not stored in a database, although, as with any other web site it may appear in the web's log files for auditing purposes.
If you are a registered organiser, you provide minimal data - name, email, and contact number, none of which is shared with anybody else. Passwords are encrypted and cannot be decrypted, only matched when you sign in. GigsUpClose offers the following benefits:
- Maintain a calendar of your events with flexible scheduling - every third Monday, two-weekly, last Friday of the month, and so on.
- Receive a daily email of your events for the day.
- Make ad hoc changes to repeating events (cancelling, or changing the time or venue). Changes are published immediately to the search engine.
- Display your schedule on your own web site with three simple Html statements, so that you only have to maintain your schedule in one place. You can also change the look and feel of the imported schedule so that it matches your site. For instructions and an example, see the ProofByDesign web site.
- Send users to your own site from the mobile search page, or to another page for the event, such as a Facebook event page.
- Publicise your events to a wider range of users.
- It is free to use. If you do not have your own website, you can use your calendar and schedule on GigsUpClose instead and direct your customers there.